What should I do before every ride?
- Check tyre pressure and condition of carcass (bulges, splits etc.)
- Check gear adjustment and brake operation.
- Steering security - check that the handlebar stem bolts are tight by holding the front wheel between your feet and attempting to turn the handlebars.
- Check wheel security, particularly the front wheel. Lift the front of bike and strike the top of the wheel smartly with your hand to check security.
- Problems with the cycle observed during the safety check, or whilst riding, should be rectified immediately. Failure to do so may cause further damage and possible injury.